Join the Jivamukti Ashram From Anywhere Around the World
Open to all levels. Gain access to recordings from Kretashala with Petros Haffenrichter to explore the Five Koshas through asāna, philosophy talks and satsang.
The Five Koshas
The 5 koshas are layers or sheaths that cover the soul, from gross to subtle. They are known as the food, energy, intellect, emotional and bliss bodies. They all affect each other in that if we are feeling depressed and we change what we eat or how we direct our energy it can lift up our spirits.
Nature also is part of these layers in the way that winds carry emotions, plants grow and change colors seasonally demonstrating their intellect, the water and land has a particular energy or vibration, the sun setting offers a kind of bliss. Traditionally the koshas are taught in a retreat setting, where one can uncover parts of themselves through observing the qualities in nature. Thus the seaside in Crete is perfect. The philosophy is poetically described in verses from the Taittiriya Upanishad that are melodious and beautiful to sing.
RECORDED LIVE AT KRETASHALA
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_01-Feb_05 (88:39)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_02-Feb_06-1 (160:20)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_02-Feb_06-2 (55:56)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_03-Feb_07-1 (152:10)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_03-Feb_07-4 (125:29)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_04-Feb_08-1 (161:53)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_04-Feb_08-2 (111:46)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_05-Feb_09-1 (163:46)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_05-Feb_09-2 (79:50)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_06-Feb_10-1 (160:39)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_06-Feb_10-2 (108:44)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_07-Feb_11-1 (164:55)
- Jivamukti_Ashram_Day_07-Feb_11-2 (78:57)